Canon Rebel Proficiency Test
Answers may be found in the Canon Rebel XT / XSi Operating Guide and Canon Rebel T1i/T2i Operating Guide. Complete this written portion and bring it with you to your scheduled operational proficiency. Call 867-6253 if you have any questions.
- How do you set the shutter speed and where will you view the shutter speed settings?
- How do you connect the camera to a computer via USB?
- What is the icon for Aperture Priority?
- When setting the Mode Dial to Full Auto, what three exposure variables are set?
- Should you shoot B&W with a Rebel?
- When should you change the white balance settings; and with regards to this, what should you remember when returning the camera to Media Loan?
- What should you do if the LCD panel does not display a clear image?
- Name three things that might permanently damage this camera.
- If you check out a camera and it is lost, stolen or damaged, who is 100% responsible for the replacement costs of it?
To be done during your scheduled proficiency.
- Remove the camera from the case and identify all controls and parts.
- Correctly identify the memory card.
- Set camera on tripod correctly and use the camera to record a couple of still images.
- Playback the still images.
- Describe the use of the menu button.
- Set camera to manual focusing.
- Demonstrate how to change the image resolution.
- Set up a battery to be charged.
- Pack the camera back in its case.