Vixia HD Camcorder Proficiency Test
PROFICIENCY QUESTIONS WRITTEN TEST
Answers may be found in the Vixia HD Camcorder Operating Guide. Complete this written portion and bring it with you to your scheduled operational proficiency. Call 867-6253 if you have any questions.
- What general precautions should you take when using this camcorder?
- What media does the camcorder record to? Do you need to provide your own?
- Describe the steps involved in manually focusing your shot.
- How do you change the camera’s white balance? Why is this setting important?
- When should and when shouldn’t you use the image stabilizer option?
- Briefly explain how to record and play back footage.
- List two ways to access the full manual for this camera.
- What considerations should you take when copying files off the camcorders memory card?
- What is the extent of your financial responsibility when you’ve checked out this camera?
(To be done during your scheduled appointment)
- Identify all the parts and controls on the camera.
- Attach a battery to the camera, and mount it securely on a tripod. Attach power adapter to DC in terminal.
- Describe and set the AE mode, white balance, and recording quality options.
- Manually focus the camera on an object of choice, then switch back to autofocus mode.
- Record 30 seconds of footage and play it back.
- Attach the camera to an external microphone and headphones. Correctly set the headphone/AV option.
- Correctly set the date and time in the camera.
- Put the palmcorder and its accessories back into its case. Correctly pack up the tripod, microphone, and headphones.