Free School Project
Free School Project: proposed by Devin, Brandon, and Jeremiah
Derived from the following themes of Saturday's workshop: "Developing and Holding Spaces," Building Solutions, Bridging Gaps, and Building Common Ground."
Patterns exemplified: "Commons" (2), "Great Good Place" (119), and "Opportunity Spaces" (33).
- Students undertaking this project could develop a common space that would be welcome to anyone wishing to learn from and/or teach educational courses for no monetary cost.
- Students would create and facilitate this open space, acting to stimulate effective communication of ideas and creating a positive atmosphere where informal instruction is well received.
Other Goals of this Project:
- Building off of collective experience internationally.
- Documenting and making information accessible to members of the community.
- Creating "a meeting place for ideas to have sex." -Steven Johnson, "Where good ideas come from."