- Using Language Patters to...
- Equipment... The equipment consists of a board, 2 dice, 12 tokens, 32 houses and 12 hotels. There are Chance and Community Chest cards, a Title Deed card for each property and a card carousel to hold them, and play money.
- Preparation... Place the board on a table. Place the Chance and Community Chest cards on their allotted spaces on the board. Each player chooses one token to represent him/her while traveling around the board.
Each player is given $1500 divided as follows: 2 each of $500's, $100's and $50's; 6 $20's; 5 each of $10's, $5's, and $1's. All remaining money and other equipment go to the Bank.
- Banker...Select as Banker a player who will also make a good Auctioneer. A Banker who plays in the game must keep his/her personal funds separate from those of the Bank. When more than fiver persons play, the Banker may elect to act only as Banker and Auctioneer.
- The Bank... Besides the Bank's money, the Bank holds the Title Deed cards (arranged by color group in the Title Deed carousel) and houses and hotels prior to purchase and use by the players. The Bank pays salaries and bonuses. It sells and auctions properties and hands out their proper Title Deed cards; it sells houses and hotels to the players and loans money when required on mortgages.
The Bank collects all taxes, fines, loans and interest, and the price of all properties which it sells and auctions. The Bank never "goes broke." If the Bank runs out of money, the Banker may issue as much more as may be needed by merely writing on any ordinary paper.
- The Play... Starting with the Banker, each player in turn throws the dice. The player with the highest total starts the play: Place your token on the corner marked "GO", throw the two dice and move your token in the direction of the arrow the number of spaces indicated by the dice. After you have completed your play, the turn passes to the left. The tokens remain on the spaces occupied and proceed from that point on the players next turn. Two or more tokens may rest on the same space at the same time.
According to the space your token reaches, you may be entitled to buy real estate or other properties - or be obliged to pay rent, pay taxes, draw a Chance or Community Chest card, "Go to Jail," etc.
If you throw doubles, you move your token as usual, the sum of the two dice, and are subject to any privileges or penalties pertaining to the space on which you land. Retaining the dice, throw again and move your token as before. If you throw doubles three times in succession, move your token immediately to the "In Jail" par of the "IN JAIL" - JUST VISITING corner space (see jail).
- GO... Each