- 1 Welcome to the Civic Intelligence wiki.
- 1.1 News
- 1.2 Civic Intelligence Book Project (in work)
- 1.3 Focus
- 1.4 Research
- 1.5 Other Resources
- 1.6 Wiki Development
Welcome to the Civic Intelligence wiki.
We are using this wiki environment to develop an open source textbook on civic intelligence.
All students will be posting their case studies to this wiki.
In other developments, we developed a very good outline for the book on May 14, 2011, which is now posted on the link below. Although we have begun work on the book itself, we are still developing concepts, asking questions, raising issues, and providing other types of information in the research section of this wiki.
- Ask Doug a question (And don't forget to check back for an answer....)
- - NEW - Discussion on Seminar
Models for understanding
- Constituents of Intelligence - This is the first model or framework we used for examining Civic Intelligence.
- SeeMe defines its self as a semi-structured, socio- technical Modeling Method.
What is in the field of study?
- Examples of Civic Intelligence
- Learning about Civic Intelligence
This is the appendix and annotated bibliography.
If you are adding links, please add to existing categories or start new categories to file your links under.
Civic Intelligence: Theory and Practice Spring 2011
Internet: Knowledge & Community, Winter 2011
- Internet: Knowledge & Community Class Wiki Project
- Plato Lecture Series Recordings from Winter 2011:
- Please categorize and build this list! -
- Generation Waking Up
- Gaming to create experts and change the world
- Public Intelligence Blog
- Earth Intelligence Network
Here's a little Game inspiration!
Shhh!!! Don't tell anyone we're down here!
One of the key components of developing civic intelligence is meta-cognition. This section is for thinking about how to develop the wiki format to foster thinking about the study of civic intelligence. Follow the link to the sandbox to try out new ideas and develop conventions for working collaboratively in the wiki/classroom environment.
- Discussions and Proposals
- Tasks, old tasks
- This list contains reasons why people may have a difficult time working on Wikis