Measures for Collective Intelligence
Here we are focusing on collective — not civic — intelligence.
Everybody should propose at least one type of collectivity and three or more attributes that help make that collectivity intelligent. I've listed a few exampled of each. Don't worry if you're not certain — these are hypotheses!
Groups (according to Woolley et al)
- social sensitivity
- number of females in group
Factors not associated with intelligence
- group cohesion
Married Couple (or equivalent)
- ability to discuss things calmly and come to a conclusion
- knowledge of each other's skills
- ability to read each other's signals and react quickly
- good all around skills
- ability to build on each other's comments —and slow hunches