Research Project or Program
- Patterns to Patterns:
Round One Wonderful: Working Class Consciousness (picked), Spiritually Grounded Activism, Transforming Institutions
Round Two Refreshing: Retreat and Reflection (picked), Informal Learning Groups, Open Source Everything
Round Three Equitable: Equal Access to Justice (picked), Indicators, World Citizen Parliament
Round Four Thought-Provoking: Homemade Media (picked), Control of Self-Representation, Shared Vision,
Round Five Unrealistic: Wholesome Design for Wicked Problems (picked), Durable Assets, Culturally Situated Design Tools
- Research Project or Program Patterns:
Working Class Consciousness, Homemade Media, Retreat and Reflection
- Mission Statement:
To facilitate education and communication amongst the working population to create an active force for equitable change in the global economy.
Narrative: Using the internet, verbal communication, art / culture, print media, and assembly to support the participation of the working class in the current and future economy.
This is a resource for productivity mobility wages education / training political influence / participation communication
Justification: Current socio-economic trends are cause for the need of the working class to band together to be better protected, prepared, supported, educated, and have access to opportunities. This is to provide longevity and stability.
Benefits: Any individual wanting to gain work, educate or get training, receive competitive wages and benefits, have a political presence.
How is this project civically intelligent?
By working together and providing solutions for the current and future state of the working class. As a resource to help provide tools of empowerment, unity, an active voice, organization of agenda and political influence. Inspiration of economic justice and or equality for the sake of all workers. Active communication, assembly, and engagement will be direct indictors of the civic intelligence.
Class consciousness is a term used in social sciences and political theory to refer to the beliefs that a person holds regarding one's social class or economic rank in society, the structure of their class, and their class interests.
1. Title of Project and Group Members 2. Patterns Used to Generate the Project Idea 3. Mission Statement and Clear Description 4. Explanation of How the Project Augments or Promotes Civic Intelligence. 5. Resource Assessment. 6. Timeline for Implementation
1. (Title) 2. Working Class Consciousness, Homemade Media, Retreat and Reflection 3. To facilitate education and communication amongst the working population to create an active force for equitable change in the global economy 4. By working together and providing solutions for the current and future state of the working class 5. Objective outline, agenda documentation, networking resources, funding sources, material components (i.e. websites, media, communication tools, etc.) 6. Practical timeline depends on the depth and committment to project. Potential outcome could transform into a real and useful resource for the working class. Key to this particular component would be the inclusivity of interested in the facilitation and the need to provide a realistic resource. Goals to be met would be outlined in agenda documentation. Contingency for success and .....
- "Towards the Cultivation of A Working-Class Consciousness"
- "Working-Class Consciousness: Research as A Path to Awareness"
Students: Arnold, Eric, Mattea, Max, Nina