Rules - Short Game (60-90 Minutes)
There are five changed rules for this first Short Game.
1. During PREPARATION, the Banker shuffles then deals three Title Deed cards to each player. These are free - no payment to the Bank is required.
2. You need only three houses (instead of four) on each lot of a complete color-group before you may buy a hotel. Hotel rent remains the same. The turn-in value is still one-half the purchase price, which in this game is one house less than in the regular game.
3. If you land in Jail you must exit on your next turn by 1.) using a "Get Out of Jail Free" card if you have (or can buy) one; or 2.) rolling doubles; or 3.) paying $50. Unlike the standard rules, you may try to roll doubles and, failing to do so, pay the $50 on the same turn.
4. The penalty for landing on "income Tax" is a flat $200.
5. END OF GAME: The game ends when one player goes bankrupt. The remaining players value their property; (1) cash on hand; (2) lots, utilities and railroads owned, at the price printed on the board; (3) any mortgaged property owned, at one-half the price printed on the board; (4) houses, valued at purchase price; (5) hotels, valued at purchase price including the value of the three houses turned in.
The richest player wins!