The goals of the Performing and Media Arts curriculum can best be summarized as to develop students' imagination, sensitivity, theoretical background, historical and cultural awareness, as well as critical and creative skills. In the long run, the study of the Performing and Media Arts will help students work toward becoming well-rounded artists and citizens, ready to assume any role within the totality of the arts and to serve society with civic mindedness, engagement, depth of understanding and a sense of connection and responsibility in the world. The primary role of the Performing and Media Arts Staff, whether full time staff or students, is to provide support for the Performing and Media Arts faculty and students and their curricular projects. A second goal is to provide a vocational training program for students interested in acquiring practical skills in the technical, business and information services that are required to support the Performing and Media Arts curriculum and production projects.
- The Communications Lab Building Houses
- The Expressive Arts Planning Unit is Made up of Three Sub Units Called
- The Permanent Staff Members of the Communications Building are
- Non-Permanent Staff Members of the Communications Building are
- The Com Bldg Student Staff Work in Five Different Offices of the Building
- The Performing Arts Faculty that we Support are
- The Media Faculty we Support
- One of the departments on campus that our staff works closely with is Media Services. It has four branches
- Electronic Media permanent staff
- Electronic Media staff work with us in the following ways
- The student Interns that we often deal with are
- Labs managed by Electronic Media
- Some of the most common ways the Com Bldg is connected to Media Loan are
- Students scheduling time in Com Labs (late night access).
- Equipment on permanent check out to building, such as AV carts.
- Audio Work Orders completed by students in recording programs
Media Loan is located on the main floor of the library.
The phone number for the help desk is ext 6253.
Their hours may vary so you can call or
check their webpage listed below.
To learn more about using a wiki see the help files.