From Puget Prairie Plants
Common name: poverty oatgrass, or simply poverty grass.
Abbreviation Code: DASP
- Kingdom Plantae – Plants
- Subkingdom Tracheobionta – Vascular plants
- Superdivision Spermatophyta – Seed plants
- Division Magnoliophyta – Flowering plants
- Class Liliopsida – Monocotyledons
- Subclass Commelinidae
- Order Cyperales
- Family Poaceae – Grass family
- Genus Danthonia DC. – oatgrass
- Species Danthonia spicata (L.) P. Beauv. ex Roem. & Schult. – poverty oatgrass
Basic Explanations and Assumptions:
The dimensions for the seeds are length x width x depth. The location of the hilum is used as the base of the seed, and the length is measured from hilum to the opposite apex. Where a style is present, the length is measured from the hilum to the bottom of the style. Width is measured at a right angle to the length at the widest part. Depth is measured at a right angle to the intersection of height and width lines.
Measurements included are the mean average for each measurement of ten separate seeds.
All measurements in millimeters unless otherwise noted.