Delphinium menziesii, commonly referred to as Menzies Larkspur. Synonyms/Subspecies
- Delphinium menziesii ssp. menziesii DC.
- Delphinium menziesii ssp. pallidum M.J. Warnock
- Kingdom Plantae- Plants
- Subkingdom Tracheobionta – Vascular plants
- Superdivision Spermatophyta – Seed plants
- Division Magnoliophyta – Flowering plants
- Class Magnoliopsida – Dicotyledons
- Subclass Magnoliidae
- Order Ranunculales
- Family Ranunculaceae – Buttercup family
- Genus Delphinium- Larkspur family
- Species Delphinium menziesii- Menzies Larkspur
Abbreviation – DEME
Seed sample from 2009
Average measurement: 1.9 x 1.2 x 1
Measurement range: L: 1.5 – 2.3, W: 1.1 – 1.3, D: 0.9 x 1.2
Seeds dark brown in a roomy, clear/white seed coat that bunches around hilum and seed edges. Bagginess of seed coat sometimes gives the seed a winged appearance.
Seed coat very finely longitudinal striate and glossy.
Basic Explanations and Assumptions:
The dimensions for the seeds are length x width x depth. The location of the hilum is used as the base of the seed, and the length is measured from hilum to the opposite apex. Where a style is present, the length is measured from the hilum to the bottom of the style. Width is measured at a right angle to the length at the widest part. Depth is measured at a right angle to the intersection of height and width lines.
Measurements included are the mean average for each measurement of ten separate seeds.
All measurements in millimeters unless otherwise noted.