- Kingdom - Plantae – Plants
- Subkingdom - Tracheobionta – Vascular plants
Superdivision - Spermatophyta – Seed plants
- Division - Magnoliophyta – Flowering plants
- Class - Magnoliopsida – Dicotyledons
- Subclass - Rosidae
- Order - Apiales
- Family - Apiaceae – Carrot family
- Genus -
- Species -
Seed sample from: 2011
Average Measurement: 5.7 x 3.2 x 0.5
Measurement Range: L: 5.25 – 6.5, W: 2.5 – 4, D: 0.25 – 0.6
Shape: Seeds schizoid, very flat and winged. Hilum and opposite apex are narrower than middle of seed.
Color: Inner seed face is dark reddish brown, with off-white wings. Hilum is tan.
Surface: Three off-white ridges run longitudinally across dark seed face. On opposite seed face, one off-white ridge bisects dark seed face from hilum to opposite apex. In most seeds, two shorter anZZXd lest distinct white markings run parallel to the main white ridge. Seed smooth and somewhat iridescent.