Difference between revisions of "Sidalacea nelsoniana"
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
Revision as of 22:13, 13 May 2012
- Kingdom - Plantae– Plants
- Subkingdom - Tracheobionta– Vascular plants
- Superdivision - Spermatophyta– Seed plants
- Division - Magnoliophyta– Flowering plants
- Class - Magnoliopsida– Dicotyledons
- Subclass - Dilleniidae
- Order - Malvales
- Family - Malvaceae– Mallow family
- Genus - Sidalcea A. Gray– checkerbloom
- Species - Sidalcea nelsoniana Piper– Nelson's checkerbloom
Perennial herb with a stout taproot and short woodstock, stems 16 to 40 inches tall, glabrous to hirsute with short appressed simple hairs; racemes spikelike but elongate and open, many-flowered, the pedicels usually about 1/8 inch long; calyx 1/8 to 1/4 inch long, usually purplish-tinged, subglabrous to fairly thickly pubescent with tiny stellae; petals 1/4 to 5/8 inch long, pinkish-lavender.
Flowering can occur as early as mid-May and extend into September, depending on weather and site conditions. Fruits have been observed as early as mid-June and as late as mid-October.